By now most people know what “Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual” means in this day and age, but as language and sexuality has evolved, more and more terms are coming out and some people can feel a little confused. So I decided that today I would write about some of the other terms you might not have heard of.
1) Pansexual – This term is quite old now and people have been using it more and more, yet some are unaware of what this means as a term. No it doesnt mean that you are attracted to kitchen applicances, it means that you have an attraction to someone regardless of gender.
2) Polysexual – this term is pretty similar to bisexual. Its where people find that they are attracted to some genders but not all of them.
3) Asexual – another one that’s quite well known, but it means very little to no sexual attraction.
4) Androsexual – For people who are primarily attracted to masculinity, so that would be anyone who’s gender presentation was masculine, not specifically just to men.
5) Demisexual – someone who experiences little to no sexual attraction unless they develop a connection with a person.
6) Gynesexual – someone who’s primarily attracted to feminity. Just like with androsexual, this doesn’t exclusively mean one gender, but instead attraction to feminine presenting people.
7) Skoliosexual – Being primarily attracted to queer, trans, non binary or gender non conforming people
This is certainly not a finished list. If people would like more to be added, please write them in the description. I hope that this list has helped some people out there.