Hiiii readers of Hoochie! I was asked very kindly if I could do a guest post, and obviously I agreed to this, and not because I’m thirsty as hell and crave attention but I was asked to talk about being trans following some recent issues involving media representation.
So I would like to start by introducing myself. I’m Tyler, I’m 28, I’m poly amorous , I have two beautiful partners and I’m transgender. I identify as a Trans masculine person, yet I’m quite “festive” in presentation on occasions. What this means for myself is that I was FAB (female assigned at birth) yet I am male.
Now the reasons for this post. A television show recently came on that had trans people in their show. Some of the people involved did not give consent to some of the footage, the people involved were also originally pitched a different idea to the show that actually came out, including the title. Now I’m not going to even mention the shows title past this point. It was called Girls to Men. It was meant to be called The Testosterone Diaries. The show itself mainly focused on penis and surgeries, and had no representation of non binary identities.
I realised because of this that sometimes other trans stories need to be told, and those voices should be heard louder that a shitty freak show filmed and edited with no care and very little attention to the people they are actually affecting.
For starters you should try and talk to CJ and Sabah about this. They are the victims of this show. They were only used as token POC who didn’t even agree to the shows final format. They are wonderful people and my heart goes out to them.
Secondly, please if you are not trans and you would like education, please research. Don’t take shock docs seriously, and try and speak to actual trans people. I would suggest googling “My genderation” the videos are made by trans people.
Thirdly, and I speak from the heart here. Not all trans people can or want surgery. This doesn’t make them any less trans. I personally do not want lower surgery. I went through a stage where I thought that was the only thing I desired more than my life itself, but then I questioned why I was wanting it. It was because I felt I HAD to. The reasons why I decided it wasn’t for me were quite simple. These reasons are my reasons against having phalloplasty, there are also other surgeries also.
1) I couldn’t go through 3/4 different surgeries, trying to build a penis, only for complications to happen. I’m not going to lie, they can happen, and they do, often. I do not have the physical strength to go through that
2) Even after no complications, you could end up with no feeling/ no sensations. I couldn’t face years of treatment only for it to be unusable to me
3) Even if this all worked, the rod that holds erections, does need to be changed/re fit. Again that’s more surgery, and that is just excessive for me
4) I’m comfortable with my man cunt. If I could magically take a pill and it changed to a penis, then I would take that in a heart beat. But I have grown accustomed to owning a vagina. The only issues I had was periods, I can deal with a vagina providing I do not associate it with womanhood in my head , and that’s what periods did to me.
5) I really like being fucked. And there is no shame in that. It doesn’t make you less of a man if you are penetrated.
I suppose that this post is to alert people that its OK not to want to go through evasive surgeries, if they do not want to. I feel like there is a massive pressure on trans people to be a set way, and that’s not true. There are many ways to be trans and many paths to choose from. I hope that this post has wanted to start conversation and will encourage more people to talk about their own experiences with sexuality and gender. The best way to find out about other people’s lives is by asking us our own stories and not by sensational TV.
Now, since you have read this on here, you should go view http://hoochie-coochie-hotsauce.tumblr.com because that’s who I wrote this for. They have an amazing blog, and this post is written for her followers 🙂
Posted from WordPress for Android