So this month, it makes it 6 months since I started this blog. And 6 months of people reading stuff that I actually write. I have no idea why people have, because its just been me venting because I am not receiving therapy. But you have been reading it.
These are my views, visitors, likes and comments. Now this isn’t a huge number for some of you all, for 6 months work. But it’s pretty big for me. It works out as 8.8 views a day. I know that is a tiny number on comparison to some blogs. But for me, its a huge achievement.
Now these are my views per post I have done. Looking at it, I know one thing. 790 views on a single post is amazing for me, considering I wrote it at the beginning of the month (august). I am so proud of it. Again. I know there are bloggers that get 1000s of views on a single post. But this is the biggest thing I have done. It meant a lot that so many people wanted to read about how bad Brighton Pride was.
Looking at these stats, its bringing me to think about my goals for the next six months.
1) Blog more! This is what I have started to do anyway. I’m trying to aim to try and do 3 or 4 posts a week. Sound excessive but I think its possible.
2) Get my view count up. I want to get from an average of 8.8 views a day to an average of 10. This seems pretty achievable because this week the lowest amount I have had is 6. Maybe in 12 months time I could be looking at 50 each day. Hahaha I can dream.
3) Have more followers. I don’t want to make anyone follow me, but it would be nice.
4) Be on freshly pressed. One day!!! That would require me toning down my language though haha.
5) Maybe raise enough money to make this a premium blog, and have my name with out the “.WordPress.com”. Again more of a wish then a goal.
Ways to make this happen:
1) Blog, blog and blog.
2) Blog good content
3) Advertise my blog more
4) Join more spaces that promote blogging.
The overall chance of achieving this:
Pretty high if I actually commit to this. As opposed to these 6 months where I gave up for nearly 3 months in the middle. In that period of time I think I got about 50 views in total.
Things I will be blogging about in the next six months :
Anything I can
Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this blog. Its a huge learning curve for me and I aim to get much better at it.