So this month, it makes it 6 months since I started this blog. And 6 months of people reading stuff that I actually write. I have no idea why people have, because its just been me venting because I am not receiving therapy. But you have been reading it.
These are my views, visitors, likes and comments. Now this isn’t a huge number for some of you all, for 6 months work. But it’s pretty big for me. It works out as 8.8 views a day. I know that is a tiny number on comparison to some blogs. But for me, its a huge achievement.
Now these are my views per post I have done. Looking at it, I know one thing. 790 views on a single post is amazing for me, considering I wrote it at the beginning of the month (august). I am so proud of it. Again. I know there are bloggers that get 1000s of views on a single post. But this is the biggest thing I have done. It meant a lot that so many people wanted to read about how bad Brighton Pride was.
Looking at these stats, its bringing me to think about my goals for the next six months.
1) Blog more! This is what I have started to do anyway. I’m trying to aim to try and do 3 or 4 posts a week. Sound excessive but I think its possible.
2) Get my view count up. I want to get from an average of 8.8 views a day to an average of 10. This seems pretty achievable because this week the lowest amount I have had is 6. Maybe in 12 months time I could be looking at 50 each day. Hahaha I can dream.
3) Have more followers. I don’t want to make anyone follow me, but it would be nice.
4) Be on freshly pressed. One day!!! That would require me toning down my language though haha.
5) Maybe raise enough money to make this a premium blog, and have my name with out the “.WordPress.com”. Again more of a wish then a goal.
Ways to make this happen:
1) Blog, blog and blog.
2) Blog good content
3) Advertise my blog more
4) Join more spaces that promote blogging.
The overall chance of achieving this:
Pretty high if I actually commit to this. As opposed to these 6 months where I gave up for nearly 3 months in the middle. In that period of time I think I got about 50 views in total.
Things I will be blogging about in the next six months :
Anything I can
Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this blog. Its a huge learning curve for me and I aim to get much better at it.
Its been a while since I have taken part in this, mainly through being busy, but also because sometimes writing something positive can be quite hard. I think the last one I did was well over a month ago, and a lot has happened in a month. However I think its about time I did one.
So the ten things I’m thankful are:
1. FTMBrighton – honestly they have been amazing with me, and the volunteers who I work with are wonderful. Trans pride went with barely a hitch, though I did nearly concuss myself on the gazebo putting it down for the day.
2. The all you can eat curry houses in central Brighton. THEY ARE SO CHEEP. The vegetarian one is £4.95 and the main one is £8.95 in the evenings on a weekday. Indian food always makes me feel happy.
3. Family. That goes for my partners too. You lot as always have been wonderful and I appreciate you putting up with me.
4. Twitter. OK, so I ended up joining the world of twitter, and its not as bad as I thought it would be. If you want to follow me its @tcausten . I post random shit if I’m honest.
5. P0j0. Now if you don’t know him, you probably know some of his content (I posted some of his pages on FYIYT -Tyler blog post) . The dude is a fucking legend and if I hadn’t had the privilege to speak to him I wouldn’t have spoken to some amazing people. I also wouldn’t have some of the most random chats at 3am. Right now, the discussion is on chilli, and getting it in places you shouldn’t and nail wraps. Also random pictures of porn wouldn’t be sent to me.
6. BBC news. You manage to get me to sleep. I don’t know whether your reporters are boring or that you are really repetitive, but you eventually get me to sleep.
7. Energy drink. Though you are probably killing my insides, you are keeping me functioning throughout the day.
8. My Xbox 360 aka – widow maker. (The only thing non cat related that’s not called Dave) Driving cars and shooting things has never been so easier, thanks to a TV and a controller. Thanks Xbox for making an achievement system that actually makes me feel great to be a gamer.
9. Other bloggers. Thank you for letting me read your content. It stops my boredom and I can read into other peoples lives whilst finding inspiration to do my own blogging.
10. The bisexual and poly community. Its honestly are far more accepting community then most of the trans and/or queer communities I have ever been in.
So Kai and I have now started a page for bloggers to share their work. We don’t have many rules as to what we will and won’t post, but we certainly won’t post anything thats ableist, homo/bi/transphobic or racist.
What we do want to see is peoples opinions, stories, blogs, ideas, creative master pieces and the odd occasional food porn post. Because we love food porn
Here is the link to the page
If you have anything you would love to see or share on there, please message us, and if we like it, we will schedule it on the page.