Today was the day where all my dressings were to come off, and they did. The things I can tell you are as follows
* Surgical dressings are the worst thing ever. Getting them pulled of my skin was like trapping my pubes in a zipper. On the plus side, my chest got waxed free of charge.
* OK that wasnt that bad in comparison to surgical gauze being taken off and having bits accidentally glued in. Having them pulled out hurts! So much I couldn’t even swear.
* You become aware of how gross you are currently when a nurse is right by your arm pit, trying to dig out some gauze.
*Nothing will prepare you for the weird feeling of a stitch being tugged and you feel it pulling half way across your body.
* Swelling. I’ve lost G cups and gained a B and an A. On the plus side this is just temporary.
* Phantom nipples is a thing. I went to go scratch them cause they were itchy and remembered that they no longer exist.
The bottom line is that everything is going really well at the moment. Not too much swelling, nothing to panic about and the scar line is much thinner than it was expected to be. I’m still on a hell of a lot of pain killers at the moment, but I’m slowly starting to go out a little bit more now. I’m also slowly becoming more happier with my body, which is the main thing.