Since today is Coming out day, I’m going to base my 10 things on lgbt related bits, and posts that I have covered over the past few months.
1) Clare Project – Happy 15th birthday to you. You have been a wonderful supportive role in so many peoples lives. Let’s hope on the next 15 years we can all move forward and support each other, not only just with the binary majority, but become a far more diverse and inclusive space for everyone on the trans spectrum. I wish you all the best with the project and continue to see even greater work happening.
2) Today marks Kai’s and I engagement of 2 years. Thank you for being supportive as always, and I love you very much
3) Coming out day itself. Its nice to see so many beautiful people feel like its OK to come out. Its a tough world out there and I understand that difficulty. I love all of you for being so brave.
4) WordPress – Its amazing to find so many blogs that share your personal experiences with you. There are 1000s out there that are amazing. This leads me nicely into number 5
5) My readers and followers. Thank you for just being you and actually taking 5 minuets in your day to read what I have to write. Thank you to all the new followers I’ve had this week, and especially from yesterday’s post. I really appreciate it. Also thank you to the random readers, who occasionally check through my archives and read other posts. You are the people that are making my top posts interesting.
6) The poly community. Thank you for the wonderful ball we attended to last week. It was wonderful seeing so many LGBT+ Poly people, and I’m really looking forward to the next one.
7) Coming out personally – This is a tricky one, but I honestly thank myself for having the strength to actually come out when I did. Its made my life so much easier and I am grateful for that
8) Steph – My other wonderful partner. They put up with so much crap from me, and I am truly blessed to have them around
9) My family – Coming out wasn’t exactly easy for them, they had to deal with someone who’s openly trans, poly and queer and I totally am thankful for them to love me still unconditionally.
10) My father – His rejection of me, his total dismissive behaviour to his own child, gave me the strength to not put up with peoples crap and not be taken for a ride. Yes he couldn’t deal with me as a child who’s trans and bisexual, but I couldn’t deal with him being a neglectful parent. So having no contact with him, gave me the strength to move on with my life .
Posted from WordPress for Android