With small battles you will achieve small victories
So, after rereading the post I had been nominated for. It was telling me that myself and 14 others had received this sparkly little recognition to the world of the blogging, I was sitting here waiting to find out whether I had got it or not, and I already had. I’m such a fucking newbie to all this hahaha.
So here is my thank you post as well as my obligations for receiving this prize.
There are guidelines for the award, and I will post them now and we shall work through these.
Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you
Write a post to show your award
Give a brief story of how your blog started
Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
Attach the award to the post (right click and save, then upload)
Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them
Provide a link to the award post you created
As you can see, the first thing I did was post the image of my award on my post I am writing about it. So, we can check that one off √
Next, my thank you for my nomination. Thank you Skill up skillet. I appreciate that you chose me to be one of people to receive this. Their blog is about geek cooking and other wonderful geek related stuff. They also have the sane humour as me, and we both share an appreciation for swear words, you often wouldn’t see in most blogs. So I urge you to check then out by clicking here.
Next on the agenda, how did I get into all this. OK, so after years of trying therapy, medication, meditation, in fact the whole fucking works when it came to try and support myself through my mental health, I stumbled into blogging. It was something that Kai was doing, and they told me that it was probably one of the easiest things to do. I just type and I get it all out of my system. Now I would like to say that, several months from when I started, THAT’S BULLSHIT. What was an outlet through my darkest moments, has progressed into myself regularly blogging about all kinds of stuff. From small acorns, grow large oaks, and this tree is progressing quite nicely, and I thank every single person who has viewed what I have written about.
Now for the advice. The first piece of advice I can give you came from my mum. NEVER POST SOMETHING THAT WILL INCRIMINATE YOU. Seriously, I would advice never to post anything that you could get either arrested for or loose your job.
Secondly, pick your battles. If you want to complain about something, fight for something, or just vent. Tell yourself, is it worth it? Do I have the energy for it? If so do it. Sing, shout, get all that frustration out of you, because if you don’t you will become bitter and twisted like I am.
Thirdly, and this might go against a few people’s advice, but just keep fucking blogging. Fuck the word count, fuck the lists. You want a blog, own your own content. Do not look for peoples approval. Yes you can try and chase followers or approval, but who the fuck are you actually doing it for. Make your content honest, and always strive to make it better, not for everyone else, but for yourself.
Finally, the stuff that you came here to see, my picks for the award. These people I honestly believe that they deserve some serious credit. They have worked their butts off with amazing content. Some of the people I will not be able to personally contact. But if you know them, tell them that they have a shiny little prize from me.
1. Kai Harrison Moore The person who encouraged me to blog in the first place. Thank you so much for being there and showing me WordPress.
2. Steph Jane Scott I hope that this will encourage them to blog more, because they have a lot to say.
3. Everyday Feminism Honestly this is an amazing page. Regardless of the terrible information and horror stories you hear about feminism (which is bullshit). This blog has done a remarkable job with providing some of the best information out there.
4. Sex talk by Seline She had done a guest post for me a while back and is constantly on my blog role. I love her to pieces and her blog about sex positivity, though sometimes controversial brings a lot of sexual heath advice to many people.
5. FTM Brighton This group is amazing, and Ed has worked so hard on this blog for the group, so they deserve a mention. Keep up the blogging peeps.
6. Sabah Choudrey I cannot begin to explain how much I love this person, and their writing. Honestly, its just beautiful. Go follow them. NOW!!! Seriously though Sabah has been an amazing rock for me, and I wish them well in all their adventures.
7. Daniela Uslan Joining their Facebook page has really helped with me getting followers and their blog has encouraged me to write a lot more.
8. Naperville Animal Hospitals I found them because they reblogged this post and I went through their page and it was amazing. You should certainly check them out.
As well as these 8 I also nominate the following blogs, because they are awesome.
Please check out everyone that you can, they are all amazing. I will try and get round to telling everyone who’s received this, if I haven’t, its because I get very anxious about messaging people, but I hope you found this.
Again, thank you for nominating me for the award, I really appreciate it ❤
Posted from WordPress for Android